City of New Bern
Project: Glenburnie Pump Station Rehabilitation
Surface Preparation and Coating Application:
- The rehabilitation and epoxy lining were completed per the specifications using the Sika concrete rehab system which included chipping out 1" behind rebar, spray/hand applying 3" of repair mortar on the walls and ceiling to bring the surface back to original plane.
- The eroded beams and reinforcement were rebuilt. New beams were formed using the repair mortar.
- The reinforcing steel that was negatively affected by the H2S gases was recreated.
- The substrate was completely brought back to plane with resurfacing mortar.
- Applied Sherwin-Williams Cor-Cote SC Plus Epoxy Lining System @100-125 mils DFT.
Special items to note:
- In addition to the project highlighted above, CMT was also requested to apply AW Cook calcium aluminate mortar to the chimneys.
“We now have a rehabilitated pump station that appears good-as-new and will serve our needs for many years to come. The work completed was of the highest quality, and all work was completed to our specifications and requirements.”
- Graham Strother, Staff Engineer, City of New Bern