Project: W Asheville Candler Knob Tank Project: South Buncombe Tank
Surface Preparation and Coating Application (Concrete Exterior -estimated 200 LF cracks & 850 sqft Spall Repair)
- Prep concrete per SSPC SP-13 “surface prep for concrete” -and- per SSPC SP-11 “power tool clean to bare metal”
- Apply Sherwin-Williams SherCrete Rebar Primer (as needed)
- Apply AW Cook Thin Patch (as needed)
- Prime using Sherwin-Williams SherCrete Flexible Waterproofing Membrane (7 – 9 mils DFT)
- Apply intermediate coat using Sherwin-Williams SherCrete Flexible Waterproofing Membrane (7 – 9 mils DFT)
- Apply finish using Sherwin-Williams SherCryl HPA Acrylic (3-4 mils DFT)
Completed: August – October2011
Special items to note:
- In addition to the tanks highlighted above, the City of Asheville entered into a service contract with CMT to provide ongoing tank maintenance. The value of the contract in the first year is $400,000.
- The City of Asheville, CMT and the Sherwin-Williams Company were recognized with a national award in the Journal of Protective Coatings and Linings in April 2007 for work completed on the 5MG clearwell at the city’s North Fork WTP.
- The pipe gallery and various pump stations within the city’s water infrastructure have also been upgraded by CMT.
Testimonial as the contract has progressed: (from email dated 10/4/11)
The tanks really look good and I feel that George and his Crew have gone above and beyond their requirements to satisfy our expectations! You can tell that he and his crew take pride in what they do and like to show it off. That’s a good thing…….I think we made a good choice in our selection for the best company to get the job done!”
– Rick Thomas, Tradesworker II – City of Asheville Water Resources Department