Client Type: Municipality
Glenburnie Pump Station Rehabilitation
Surface Preparation and Coating Application
- The rehabilitation and epoxy lining was completed per the specifications using the Sika concrete rehab system which included chipping out 1″ behind rebar, spray/hand applying 3″ of repair mortar on the walls and ceiling to bring the surface back to the original plane.
- The eroded beams and reinforcement were rebuilt. New beams were formed using the repair mortar.
- The reinforcing steel that was negatively affected by the H2S gases was recreated.
- The substrate was completely brought back to plane with resurfacing mortar.
- Applied Sherwin-Williams Cor-Cote SC Plus Epoxy Lining System @100-125 mils DFT.
July – 2013
Special items to note
In addition to the project highlighted above, CMT was also requested to apply AW Cook calcium aluminate mortar to the chimneys.
Testimonial from an email dated February 18, 2013
“We now have a rehabilitated pump station that appears good-as-new and will serve our needs for many years to come. The work completed was of the highest quality, and all work was completed to our specifications and requirements.”
– Graham Strother, Staff Engineer, City of New Bern